* [Q] imap asynchronous notification + gnus performance
@ 2004-10-19 21:21 Joakim Verona
From: Joakim Verona @ 2004-10-19 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm trying to tweak the performance of my Gnus, but I'm having some
problems.

- Does gnus somehow support the imap mode where the imapd notifies the
  client of new mail? It feels like it does a bit, because sometimes
  the new article count for a group changes without me doing a get.

- With my current setup, gnus quickly scans a lot of my imap folders,
  then stops for a long time on th last one, before continuing reading
  groups from gmane. I cant find out whats happening during this
  interval. Cpu and io doesnt seem all to preoccupied.

Any hints apreciated!

Regards,
/Joakim

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-19 21:21 UTC | newest]