* nnslashdot can't find gzip
@ 2003-10-12  6:04 Brad Collins
From: Brad Collins @ 2003-10-12  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running emacs on a Windows box (I'll be happy when I can move back
to my Linux box) with the latest version of gnus.

When I try to run nnslash I get a message saying that it can't find
gzip.

I thought I could quickly track this down and find out where it's
being called and change the path to the cgywin directory but I haven't
had any luck.

Anyone know where I can change the path to so emacs and or gnus can
find gzip and can it be done from my .gnus or .emacs file?

Cheers,

b/

Brad Collins
Chenla Labs
Bangkok, Thailand

* Re: nnslashdot can't find gzip
@ 2003-10-12 20:59 ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2003-10-12 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:04:25 +0700 Brad Collins wrote:

Brad> Anyone know where I can change the path to so emacs and or gnus
Brad> can find gzip and can it be done from my .gnus or .emacs file?

Does nnslashdot use jka-compr?
See C-h v jka-compr-compression-info-list RET then.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 185 bytes --]

* Re: nnslashdot can't find gzip
@ 2003-10-16 13:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-16 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brad Collins <brad@studiojungle.net> writes:

> Anyone know where I can change the path to so emacs and or gnus can
> find gzip and can it be done from my .gnus or .emacs file?

`exec-path' says where Emacs finds executables, but I'm guessing that
this is something that w3 calls from somewhere to decompress gzipped
HTTP connections.