From: Barry Fishman <barry_fishman@att.net>
Subject: Re: Please test: agent downloading of all articles
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:34:39 -0400	[thread overview]

> I've committed something that is supposed to allow downloading of all
> articles, if the variable gnus-agent-consider-all-articles is set
> appropriately.
>
> I think it does not work, though :-(

Would it not be better to take a more circumspect approach.
If I am reading the code right, presently, the default predicate is to
only consider short articles.  One could do something like:

(defun gnus-category-read ()
  "Read the category alist."
  (setq gnus-category-alist
        (or (gnus-agent-read-file
             (nnheader-concat gnus-agent-directory "lib/categories"))
            (list (list 'default (if gnus-agent-default-all-articles
                                     'true
                                    'short) nil nil)))))

So that only the case where there isn't any categories file is effected.
Once people set up their own categories, they presumably know what
they are doing and another global flag will cause more problems than
it helps.