larsi@gnus.org (Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen) writes: > There are now three things that take about the same time when entering > a group, and account for 95% of the time spent: > > 1) parsing NOV headers (this has gotten slower due to MIME stuff, I'm > guessing) > 2) scoring > 3) creating and outputting the threads > > If someone wants to look closer at this, then I'm all for it. :-) Here's a small tweak, which speeds up threading a bit (around 5-10%): `gnus-parent-id' is usually called without the optional argument -- in that case we only want the last msg.id in References, so we don't really need to call `gnus-split-references' to parse *all* the references and build a list of them.