* novice fights back
@ 1999-07-17 16:14 ref
From: ref @ 1999-07-17 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello !

First i would like ot apologize for the noise i made, but i fight against Gnus
for a quite long time, so... You now it's not easy to begin with gnus/xemacs :)

I think i succeded in collecting mail from one of my dir :)

I saw there was a lot of changes with pgnus and so on (mime support) but
right now i'm not able to install anything else ;)

I succeeded in installing gnus with xemacs 21.1 ripping a emacs file called timezone.elc, i don't know if it's the best thing i could do but, now it works :)

I have some question for you now :)

I know that mime is not really supported in 5.6.45, so i'll try to manage without it :)

But i would like to know if a kind of addressbook exists ? I know i can define abbreviations with xemacs but i was just wondering if this is built-in gnus.

I'll read the manual further, but i would be very happy if someone could indicate me a good web page with some tips :)

Later,

--
Rémi FACKEURE aka ref
Don't pay the bill ! Use GNU Linux.

* Re: novice fights back
@ 1999-07-17 16:55 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1999-07-17 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

ref@linuxfreak.com writes:

> I know that mime is not really supported in 5.6.45, so i'll try to
> manage without it :)
>
> But i would like to know if a kind of addressbook exists ? I know i
> can define abbreviations with xemacs but i was just wondering if
> this is built-in gnus.
>
> I'll read the manual further, but i would be very happy if someone
> could indicate me a good web page with some tips :)

The above questions are more are all answered in the FAQ:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/software/contrib/gnus/

-Justin

* Re: novice fights back
@ 1999-07-17 17:10 ` Robin S. Socha
From: Robin S. Socha @ 1999-07-17 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

* ref  <ref@linuxfreak.com> writes:
> I saw there was a lot of changes with pgnus and so on (mime support) but
> right now i'm not able to install anything else ;)

You shouldn't, anyway. PGnus is still alpha, which means all the things
Karl Kleinpaste said in <vxkso82kvp7.fsf_-_@beaver.jprc.com>. However,
you're currently mailing to a development mailing list. F'up.

> I know that mime is not really supported in 5.6.45, so i'll try to manage
> without it :)

There's no need to. You can use tm, just say C-h i tm-en RET.

Try BBDB: <http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt/>

> I'll read the manual further, but i would be very happy if someone could
> indicate me a good web page with some tips :)

It's certainly not "good", but it does have tips (and a pathetic Gnus
tutorial): <http://socha.net/XEmacs/>