* Post with different address?
@ 1998-08-24 19:40 Anders Melchiorsen
From: Anders Melchiorsen @ 1998-08-24 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have set some posting styles to let me use a different, spammer
confusing e-mail address (see above) when posting to widely spread
groups or mailing lists. However, I still like my unaltered address to
be used in personal e-mails.

The problem is that if I reply (as opposed to follow up) in a
newsgroup the obfuscated address is still used. Is there a way to,
within the same group, use a different address for replies than for
follow ups?

I guess I am looking for some clever function to determine if I am
replying or following up, but I am not too fluent in Lisp so I cannot
figure out how to implement this, I must sadly admit.

I would much rather implement this as part of the posting styles than
as some hook, but if a hook is the only way I will definately
appreciate response on how to do that.

The relevant part of my posting styles looks like this:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
         (address "postmaster@and.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk")
	 )

	("^nnml:mail\\|k-net\\|list.netgrp"
	 (address "name@real.address.dk"))))

Thanks!

--
Regards, Anders
(address is valid)

Maier's Law:
If the facts don't conform to the theory, they must be disposed of.
Corollaries:
(1) The bigger the theory, the better.
(2) The experiment may be considered a success if no more than 50% of the
    observed measurements must be discarded to obtain a correspondence
    with the theory.