* getting headers from really huge groups blocks emacs
@ 2005-08-05  8:40 makwak
From: makwak @ 2005-08-05  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo.
When I get headers from a really huge group (say 40000 headers) it takes a while.
It is rather obvious that it should take so much.
The problem is that this process blocks my emacs.
I wondered whether there is a way to tell gnus to pause getting headers after
some configured number of headers/bytes, pass the control to emacs and after a
while start getting next bunch of headers. This is the way VM works with emails.

Greetings.

* Re: getting headers from really huge groups blocks emacs
@ 2006-04-14  6:57 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-14  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

makwak <makwak@wp.pl> writes:

> I wondered whether there is a way to tell gnus to pause getting
> headers after some configured number of headers/bytes, pass the
> control to emacs and after a while start getting next bunch of
> headers.

Nope.  Being asynchronous in Emacs is really difficult.