From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Re: run agent in -batch mode reading a batch rc file instead of .gnus
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 18:43:12 -0700	[thread overview]

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> ,----[ in gnu.emacs.gnus ]
> | John Paul Wallington <jpw@shootybangbang.com> writes:

> | > Have you tried changing the value of `gnus-init-file'?  (untested)
> |
> | I hadn't tried that no, but it turned out to be the right tool.
> | A solution was posted on the ding list from Reiner Steib:
> | [...]
> `----
>
> Is it more clear now? John probably doesn't read ding, so he couldn't
> see that the problem is already solved and he possibly wasted some
> time needlessly. This is annoying. Crossposting between ding and g.e.g
> isn't really possible (unlike e.g. between g.e.gnus and g.e.help). I'd
> recommend to ask in g.e.g unless the question is specific to Oort.

The fact that John (or others) doesn't read ding is exactly why I
posted to both.  That is the only time it makes sense to do so.  If
everyone read the same lists, it would never be smart.

I'd be very surprised if John were put out.  It was not a big time
sink for me to provide your posted solution from ding.  Its not been
posted to two forums where as by your reasoning only one would have
it.

That seems less beneficial to all, not more of pita for anyone.

I still don't see this as a problem, but as beneficial... sorry.
Anyway, thank for the answer.