* Error sending messages
@ 2001-10-09  9:03 Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2001-10-09  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get the below error when I try to send messages with the latest CVS
Gnus.  I think it has something to do with the UTF-8 updates,  I had to
do a `cvs update -D 2001-10-06' to get a working Gnus.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp dont-check-for-anything-just-trust-me)
  message-check-element(newsgroups)
  message-check-news-header-syntax()
  message-check-news-syntax()
  message-send-news(nil)
  message-send-via-news(nil)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit()
  gnus-draft-send(1)
  gnus-group-send-drafts()
  call-interactively(gnus-group-send-drafts)

Henrik
--
I just forgot my whole philosophy of life!!!

* Re: Error sending messages
@ 2001-10-09 10:17 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-10-09 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

> I get the below error when I try to send messages with the latest CVS
> Gnus.  I think it has something to do with the UTF-8 updates,  I had to
> do a `cvs update -D 2001-10-06' to get a working Gnus.
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp dont-check-for-anything-just-trust-me)
>   message-check-element(newsgroups)

Hm, if you C-h f message-check-element RET and follow the link to
where the function is defined, does it look like the below?  If it
does, I don't understand the backtrace, seems like it should work.

(defun message-check-element (type)
  "Return non-nil if this TYPE is not to be checked."
  (if (eq message-syntax-checks 'dont-check-for-anything-just-trust-me)
    (let ((able (assq type message-syntax-checks)))
      (and (consp able)
	   (eq (cdr able) 'disabled)))))

* Re: Error sending messages
@ 2001-10-09 10:42   ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2001-10-09 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:
>
>> I get the below error when I try to send messages with the latest CVS
>> Gnus.  I think it has something to do with the UTF-8 updates,  I had to
>> do a `cvs update -D 2001-10-06' to get a working Gnus.
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp dont-check-for-anything-just-trust-me)
>>   message-check-element(newsgroups)
>
> Hm, if you C-h f message-check-element RET and follow the link to
> where the function is defined, does it look like the below?  If it
> does, I don't understand the backtrace, seems like it should work.
>
> (defun message-check-element (type)
>   "Return non-nil if this TYPE is not to be checked."
>   (if (eq message-syntax-checks 'dont-check-for-anything-just-trust-me)
>     (let ((able (assq type message-syntax-checks)))
>       (and (consp able)
> 	   (eq (cdr able) 'disabled)))))

They're identical, both in the one from the 6th that works and the
newest one that don't work.

Henrik
--

@ 2001-10-09 12:28     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2001-10-09 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> (defun message-check-element (type)
>>   "Return non-nil if this TYPE is not to be checked."
>>   (if (eq message-syntax-checks 'dont-check-for-anything-just-trust-me)
>>     (let ((able (assq type message-syntax-checks)))
>>       (and (consp able)
>> 	   (eq (cdr able) 'disabled)))))
>
> They're identical, both in the one from the 6th that works and the
> newest one that don't work.

Could you try to evaluate message-check-element (put point in the
defun and type ESC C-x), and post a new backtrace?

* Re: Error sending messages
@ 2001-10-09 18:07       ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2001-10-09 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:

> Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:
>
>> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>>
>>> (defun message-check-element (type)
>>>   "Return non-nil if this TYPE is not to be checked."
>>>   (if (eq message-syntax-checks 'dont-check-for-anything-just-trust-me)
>>>     (let ((able (assq type message-syntax-checks)))
>>>       (and (consp able)
>>> 	   (eq (cdr able) 'disabled)))))
>>
>> They're identical, both in the one from the 6th that works and the
>> newest one that don't work.
>
> Could you try to evaluate message-check-element (put point in the
> defun and type ESC C-x), and post a new backtrace?

I'm afraid I can't do that,  when I went back to latest CVS (no changes
from the version I had trouble with) the problem went away.  I'll try it
if the error comes back.

Henrik
--
I just forgot my whole philosophy of life!!!