Hi Dan, || On 09 Apr 2001 21:18:22 -0400 || Dan Christensen wrote: dc> In the message I posted a week ago, I showed how I do this. Sorry, didn't see that since I'mnot subscribed to the group. I get too much mail as it is and really couldn't read all of it. Just meant to ask a simple little question and now I'm deep into posting here, it seems. Don't worry, this'll be over soon, though. :) dc> However, it has the problem that it generates the summary buffer dc> twice, so it is a little slow. I've included the message below. Thanks. This is pretty interesting although the "slow" part had me feeling to badly about it that I chose the other way. :) dc> What I would like is a variable "gnus-summary-show-expirable". dc> If this is nil, then expirable articles aren't included by dc> default, but can be brought in with a new command. I would dc> suspect that many users would like this behaviour. I agree. dc> Any thoughts? Well. Maybe another idea would be to make the status of the expiry flag a factor for the summary-sorting function. Then you could sort them all out on top, at the end, into the threads on top, into the threads at the end - whatever you like. Sounds very gnus-ish to me. :-) Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Brave GNU World (http://brave-gnu-world.org)