* dyn changing sender address?
@ 2001-02-17  4:43 Nick Papadonis
From: Nick Papadonis @ 2001-02-17  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know how to change the 'From:' header in a reply,
based on the 'To:' header in the original message?

gnus-posting-styles appears to be broken in this department, so I was
looking for other methods.

Thanks.
--
- Nick

* Re: dyn changing sender address?
@ 2001-02-17 15:37 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-17 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 16 Feb 2001, Nick Papadonis wrote:

> Does anyone know how to change the 'From:' header in a reply,
> based on the 'To:' header in the original message?

There is header-action.el which can do this kind of thing.  I also
think that gnus-pers.el can do this.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: dyn changing sender address?
@ 2001-02-17 18:00   ` Nick Papadonis
From: Nick Papadonis @ 2001-02-17 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> On 16 Feb 2001, Nick Papadonis wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to change the 'From:' header in a reply,
> > based on the 'To:' header in the original message?
>
> There is header-action.el which can do this kind of thing.  I also
> think that gnus-pers.el can do this.

Hmmm... I have the newest version of Gnus and Xemacs.  Neither of
these files are in my installation trees.  gnus-pers.el doesn't even
come with gnus.

What versions are you using?

Thanks

--

@ 2001-02-17 18:55     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-17 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nick Papadonis <nick@coelacanth.com> writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> > On 16 Feb 2001, Nick Papadonis wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know how to change the 'From:' header in a reply,
> > > based on the 'To:' header in the original message?

Fixed. For example:

	(header "to" "ding@gnus"
		(address "address1"))
	(header "cc" "ding@gnus"
		(address "address1"))
	(header "to" "bugs@gnus"
		(address "address2"))

BTW, the example in the info was wrong.

> > There is header-action.el which can do this kind of thing.  I also
> > think that gnus-pers.el can do this.
> >

> Hmmm... I have the newest version of Gnus and Xemacs.  Neither of
> these files are in my installation trees.  gnus-pers.el doesn't even
> come with gnus.

Neither of them is part of Gnus. Check Emacs Lisp List
(http://www.anc.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/emacs/ell.html), you'll find them.

ShengHuo

--
(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*" (signature (format "(setq gnus-posting-styles

* Re: dyn changing sender address?
@ 2001-02-17 23:47       ` Nick Papadonis
From: Nick Papadonis @ 2001-02-17 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

ShengHuo,

Thanks a million!  Everything works great!