* Bug report: chooser invoked by gnus mime crashes xemacs
@ 1999-11-20  0:10 Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 1999-11-20  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

The attached message contains a text attachment, which shows up
buttonized.

When I press the right mouse button over the button, and
select save, the chooser window starts to come up, but before the
prompt appears, both the chooser window and the xemacs window
completely disappear.

There is no core in the directory from which I started xemacs, and no
lisp backtrace in the window from which I started xemacs.  One of the
two times this happened, the window from which I started xemacs was in
a state where text did not appear, and non-text characters were
gibberish, and neither 'reset' nor 'stty sane' restored it to a
reasonable state.

I wrote the message on my system at work, which is running xemacs
21.x with current (as of early afternoon today) pgnus from cvs, and am
attempting to read it on my home system, which is xemacs 20.4 with
pgnus 0.98.

I have seen this behavior once before, but that time was unable to
reproduce it. (That is, it happened only once, and not twice.)