* Supercite, BBDB, Gnus, and attributions
@ 1999-10-17  6:12 john s jacobs anderson
From: john s jacobs anderson @ 1999-10-17  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings.

I'm trying to get Supercite, BBDB, and Gnus to play together nicely so
that if I have an 'attribution' field in a BBDB entry it is used, if
not then choice should fall through the entries in
sc-preferred-attribution-list, like normal. Having entries without
attributions pick one up on reply would be nice too.

I can tell (or at least I think) that I need to set "sc-consult" as
the first (or second) entry in sc-preferred-attribution-list, and that
I should set up sc-attrib-selection-list to return the value from
BBDB. I also think that bbdb/sc-consult-attr is going to be in there
somewhere.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make the pieces fit together. Info does
a nice job of defining the functions and variables, but doesn't talk
so much about how to make them go.

XEmacs 21.2.19, Gnus 5.6.45, Supercite 3.1, BBDB 2.00.06.

Thanks for any help.

john.

John S Jacobs Anderson                                   Apprentice Geek
jacobs@genehack.org                       Journeyman Molecular Biologist
<URL:http://genehack.org/>   <-------    GeneHack: bioinfo*linux*opinion