* Pipe multiple articles through a shell filter
@ 1999-07-04 19:13 Graham Todd
From: Graham Todd @ 1999-07-04 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe I posted this to the wrong newsgroup previously.

Is there a way or could a way be developped to run shell commands on a
selected group of articles? Currently (I think) the filter operates on
one article at a time. If you select a group of articles and press "|"
Gnus will ask for a shell command to run on each article in sequence.

Running a shell command on all selected articles at once could be used
(amont other things) to produce a quick and dirty threaded/htmlized
archive of selected articles in a mailbox using:

mhonarc -add -outdir ~/public_html/maillist/

Of course with procmail and friends this could all be automated, but
quickly and interactively creating a small mail archive page this way
using the fantastic sorting, scoring, and marking tools available in
Gnus and "Pipe Through a Filter" would be a cool feature.

Of course the feature may exist already and I just haven't found it.

Regards,

--
Graham Todd

* Re: Pipe multiple articles through a shell filter
@ 1999-07-05  4:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-05  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Todd <gtodd@yorku.ca> writes:

> Is there a way or could a way be developped to run shell commands on a
> selected group of articles? Currently (I think) the filter operates on
> one article at a time. If you select a group of articles and press "|"
> Gnus will ask for a shell command to run on each article in sequence.

I think `gnus-prompt-before-saving' affect the prompting behavior of
`|'.