* Re: New bug in 0.22 & 0.23
@ 1998-09-09 11:41   ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1998-09-09 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

GM> Jean-Yves Perrier <perrier@nagra-kudelski.ch> writes:
>> all messages I send are archived in an nnfolder:archive group
>> Each new message has:
>>
>> appended at the end (whatever the content is ISO, 8 bits...)
>>
>> The same messages are sent correctly to the To: ... (i.e.
>> without this appended.

GM> More seriously, newsgroup articles posted from Drafts using Agent also
GM> have this "header" at the end of the article sent to the server.

GM> I am only using emacs 19 here, but at work I have tried pgnus on my
GM> emacs 20.3 system and also agent. An article I posted did *not* show
GM> this in the Drafts folder (prior to sending), but it showed up in both
GM> the archive folder and in the copy posted to the newsserver.

I find that message-encode-message-body is called more than
once. gnus-request-accept-article, gnus-request-replace-article,
message-send-mail, and message-send-news called this function, so when
you send a mail, message-send-mail call message-encode-message-body,
then the mail is archived by calling gnus-request-accept-article. So
you got double encoded. If you use agent, gnus-request-accept-article
is called, so triple encoded or more.

I do not know why Lars put encoding codes in
gnus-request-accept-article, gnus-request-replace-article.

I guess, it helps to remove the following codes in
gnus-request-accept-article, gnus-request-replace-article.

  (save-restriction
    (message-narrow-to-headers)
    (rfc2047-encode-message-header))
  (message-encode-message-body)

--
Shenghuo

* New bug in 0.22 & 0.23
@ 1998-09-09 15:58 Jean-Yves Perrier
From: Jean-Yves Perrier @ 1998-09-09 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

In 0.19 it was ok,

all messages I send are archived in an nnfolder:archive group
Each new message has:

appended at the end (whatever the content is ISO, 8 bits...)

The same messages are sent correctly to the To: ... (i.e.
without this appended.

Btw, pgnus 0.22 & 0.23 have almost solved all \201 problems:
good work Lars!
--
Jean-Yves Perrier

* Re: New bug in 0.22 & 0.23
@ 1998-09-09 17:47 ` Graham Murray
From: Graham Murray @ 1998-09-09 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-09-10  0:32   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-10  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Murray <graham@barnowl.demon.co.uk> writes:

> More seriously, newsgroup articles posted from Drafts using Agent also
> have this "header" at the end of the article sent to the server.

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.24.