* x-face problems
@ 1998-02-24 17:33 John H Palmieri
From: John H Palmieri @ 1998-02-24 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

GNU Emacs 20.2.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, X toolkit), qgnus-0.32

I just realized that I haven't been seeing any x-faces today.  There
are several possibilities: I've been changing to the newest versions
of Quassia Gnus as they appear, so I suppose something there could
have changed (although I've looked at the ChangeLog and haven't
spotted any likely candidates); alternatively, my system administrator
could have done something which had the side effect of screwing things
up.  (I suppose I could have done something, too, but I haven't
changed my .emacs, .gnus, or .cshrc in any relevant ways.)

My questions:
  Has anything related to x-face handling changed in the recent
versions of gnus?
  If not, is there any way to monitor what gnus does when it tries to
display an x-face?  I have gnus-article-display-x-face as part of my
gnus-article-display-hook, and I've tried running the commands in
gnus-article-x-face-command from an xterm one at a time, and succeeded
(i.e., uncompface, icontopbm, and xv all work individually).  Any
ideas about how can I find out what's going wrong?

--
John H. Palmieri, Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, University of Notre Dame