* regex overflow
@ 2011-09-15 21:54 James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2011-09-15 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

A couple of today's posts on cairo-commits have *long* Subjects; one is
32726 and the other 58897 octets long.

(It uses a subject format which includes the full list of files affected
by the changeset.)

Attempts to enter the group failed with a regex stack overflow error.

I got around it by editing the database directly, changing the two
Subjects into something shorter.

But some users may not be able to avoid such issues.

Perhaps gnus should limit the search space w/in a header to avoid
overflows and the like.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

* Re: regex overflow
@ 2011-09-16  0:31 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2011-09-16  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

James Cloos wrote:
> A couple of today's posts on cairo-commits have *long* Subjects; one is
> 32726 and the other 58897 octets long.

> (It uses a subject format which includes the full list of files affected
> by the changeset.)

> Attempts to enter the group failed with a regex stack overflow error.

Could you provide a Lisp backtrace?  I tried

http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo-commit/2011-September.txt.gz

by using nndoc, and also nnml to which I copied articles from
the nndoc group.  No problem.

* Re: regex overflow
@ 2011-09-16 14:51   ` James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2011-09-16 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

>> Attempts to enter the group failed with a regex stack overflow error.

KY> Could you provide a Lisp backtrace?

I've already expired those mail, so I'll have to re-create something.

I'll get one together, though.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6