* Suggestion for spam.el (+ bogofilter)
@ 2003-01-05 19:35 Torsten Hilbrich
From: Torsten Hilbrich @ 2003-01-05 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have configured spam.el (current version 6.37) to use bogofilter on
all spam-marked messages in my nnml:Junk group.  After processing with
bogofilter, the messages should be expired.

The processing with bogofilter works, the expiry doesn't.

I have traced the call of spam-mark-spam-as-expired-and-move-routine
and noticed, that the previously spam-marked (H) articles are marked
read (R) after being processed by bogofilter.  Therefore the articles
are not marked as expired.

The spam-mark should probably be preserved in this case case, so the
expiry can work.

This is my configuration of spam.el:

(custom-set-variables
 '(gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents (quote (("Junk" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam))))
 '(gnus-spam-process-newsgroups (quote (("Junk" (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter)))))
 '(spam-blacklist "~/News/spam/blacklist")
 '(spam-bogofilter-spaminfo-header-regexp "^X-\\(jf\\|Junk\\|NoSpam\\|Spam\\|SB\\|Bogosity\\)[^:]*:")
 '(spam-use-blacklist t)
 '(spam-use-bogofilter t)
 '(spam-use-whitelist t)
 '(spam-whitelist "~/News/spam/whitelist"))

(spam-group-spam-contents-p "nnml:Junk") is non-nil

        Torsten

* Re: Suggestion for spam.el (+ bogofilter)
@ 2003-01-05 22:32 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-01-05 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003, gnus@myrkr.in-berlin.de wrote:
> I have configured spam.el (current version 6.37) to use bogofilter
> on all spam-marked messages in my nnml:Junk group.  After processing
> with bogofilter, the messages should be expired.
>
> The processing with bogofilter works, the expiry doesn't.
>
> I have traced the call of spam-mark-spam-as-expired-and-move-routine
> and noticed, that the previously spam-marked (H) articles are marked
> read (R) after being processed by bogofilter.  Therefore the
> articles are not marked as expired.
>
> The spam-mark should probably be preserved in this case case, so the
> expiry can work.

I think I fixed it with code in gnus-sum.el.  I set the spam-mark as
one of the special marks that don't get reset to the read mark when
the article is read, so it will behave more like the ticked-mark.  Let
me know if this works for you.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: Suggestion for spam.el (+ bogofilter)
@ 2003-01-06 18:14   ` Torsten Hilbrich
From: Torsten Hilbrich @ 2003-01-06 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003, tzz@lifelogs.com wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2003, gnus@myrkr.in-berlin.de wrote:

[...]

>> The spam-mark should probably be preserved in this case case, so
>> the expiry can work.
>
> I think I fixed it with code in gnus-sum.el.  I set the spam-mark as
> one of the special marks that don't get reset to the read mark when
> the article is read, so it will behave more like the ticked-mark.
> Let me know if this works for you.

It perfectly works.  Thank you for the quick response.

        Torsten