I modified my .gnus to save sent messages into the originating group so I can follow threads more easily: (defun use-this-group-for-archiving () ;; swiped from http://www.faqs.org/faqs/gnus-faq/section-29.html (cond ((and gnus-newsgroup-name (stringp gnus-newsgroup-name) (string-match "^nnml" gnus-newsgroup-name)) gnus-newsgroup-name) (t "nnml:mail.misc")) ) (setq gnus-outgoing-message-group 'use-this-group-for-archiving) An irritation has cropped up: the messages that I've sent show up in the originating as unread mail. Is there any way of preemptively tagging the Gcc: messages as read before they get saved into the group? --Joe