* burying Gnus buffers
@ 2001-02-05 16:20 Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-02-05 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to bury all Gnus buffers so I can go work on something else,
but then when I come back to Gnus I won't have to re-open servers.  I
want to do this from the Group buffer, with no Summary buffers
around.  I can invoke bury-buffer to bury the Group buffer, but then I
typically get the Article buffer.  This works, but only sometimes:
(add-hook 'gnus-exit-group-hook
          (function (lambda ()
                      (let ((buffer (get-buffer gnus-article-buffer)))
                        (if buffer (bury-buffer buffer))))))
I.e., after exiting a Summary buffer, the Article buffer is sometimes
buried, and sometimes still just under the Group buffer.  Any ideas
why, or alternate solutions?

paul

* Re: burying Gnus buffers
@ 2001-02-05 16:38 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2001-02-05 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

You're working too hard.  `z' runs gnus-group-suspend.

* Re: burying Gnus buffers
@ 2001-02-05 16:52   ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-02-05 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:
> You're working too hard.  `z' runs gnus-group-suspend.

Yup, that's what I want.  And it's right there in the info, too.
Sorry.

paul

* Re: burying Gnus buffers
@ 2001-02-09  9:48   ` Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2001-02-09  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:

> You're working too hard.  `z' runs gnus-group-suspend.

I wish it was also available from the summary buffer, or are there
reasons for not having suspend in the summary view?
--
Arcady Genkin
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

* Re: burying Gnus buffers
@ 2001-02-09 14:32     ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-02-09 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com> writes:
> Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:
> > You're working too hard.  `z' runs gnus-group-suspend.
>
> I wish it was also available from the summary buffer, or are there
> reasons for not having suspend in the summary view?

It would be a bit dangerous.  AIUI, it would be equivalent to
gnus-summary-exit-no-update followed by z in the group buffer.
-no-update is probably not what you want, in which case youe should q
out of all your summary buffers first.

paul