From: Nick Papadonis <nick@coelacanth.com>
Cc: Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: integrating x-face stuff
Date: 13 Jan 2001 07:29:13 -0500	[thread overview]

    > On 12 Jan 2001, Nick Papadonis wrote:
    >> Yes, I did not know about message-default-headers.  Excuse me
    >> if I didn't read through every info file for each of X-Emacs's
    >> lisp packages.  I simply installed gnus, read all it's info
    >> files, and was never pointed towards the message info file.  I
    >> don't know every internal working of gnus, nor should I have
    >> to.

    > The node `(gnus)Composing Messages' does point to the Message
    > info file, but that might be too easily overlooked.  Maybe it
    > would be useful to include a sentence there which stands out
    > more?

Kai,

The eye catcher for me was the picons section.  I now realize that
PICONS are not the same as using the X-face: header.  However there
are many (actually all) mentions of the work x-face in these
sections.  It's what actually gave me some motivation of messing with
my headers. :)

For instance, 'If you want to display faces from `X-Face' headers, you
should have the `xface' support compiled into XEmacs.  Otherwise you
must have the `netpbm' utilities installed, or munge the
`gnus-picons-convert-x-face' variable to use something else.''  What
if you want to add something like this in the header?

The sections that describe 'W f' - Look for and display any X-Face
headers.  Maybe add something like:  "If you want to add your own
x-face, add the header.  See Message info file."

Just skimmed the composing messages section and a reference to the
Message info file didn't stand out.  I would almost say mention in
posting styles, but that doesn't seem right?

What was the pointer to 'Message' in Composing Messages?  I tried
looking for it...

- Nick