* Sending some messages to /dev/null
@ 2000-06-15 13:06 Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-06-15 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

While using procmail to filter my messages, I've had some addresses
redirected to /dev/null. How can I get the same with nnmail-split?

Thanks!
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.

* Re: Sending some messages to /dev/null
@ 2000-06-15 14:31 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-06-15 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:

> While using procmail to filter my messages, I've had some addresses
> redirected to /dev/null. How can I get the same with nnmail-split?

You can use nnmail-split-fancy, which allows you to specify `junk' as
the target.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Sending some messages to /dev/null
@ 2000-06-15 17:55   ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-06-15 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:
>
> > While using procmail to filter my messages, I've had some addresses
> > redirected to /dev/null. How can I get the same with nnmail-split?
>
> You can use nnmail-split-fancy, which allows you to specify `junk' as
> the target.

Is it possible to specify a forwarding rule there too? I want to
forward some messages automatically to other list/newsgroup (from an
external server to our internal server) and keep them on their folders
too.

Thanks,
--

@ 2000-06-15 19:06 ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2000-06-15 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:

> While using procmail to filter my messages, I've had some addresses
> redirected to /dev/null. How can I get the same with nnmail-split?

With nnfolder, I tried the following:

Simply establish a symbolic link from /dev/null to ~/Mail/mail.null
(or whatever) and add this group with `G m' in the Group buffer.

Not perfect because this gives me the message

,----
| File exists, but cannot be read.
`----

on fetching new mail.  Any better solution? Hm, maybe split to a group
with instant expiry?

Cheers,
  Ray
--
Raymond Scholz -*- rscholz@tzi.de -*- http://www.tzi.de/~rscholz/
FB 3 Informatik, Universität Bremen -*- PGP key available via WWW

* Re: Sending some messages to /dev/null
@ 2000-06-15 19:43   ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-06-15 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raymond Scholz <rscholz@tzi.de> writes:

> Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:
>
> > While using procmail to filter my messages, I've had some addresses
> > redirected to /dev/null. How can I get the same with nnmail-split?
>
> With nnfolder, I tried the following:
>
> Simply establish a symbolic link from /dev/null to ~/Mail/mail.null
> (or whatever) and add this group with `G m' in the Group buffer.
>
> Not perfect because this gives me the message
>
> ,----
> | File exists, but cannot be read.
> `----
>
> on fetching new mail.  Any better solution? Hm, maybe split to a group
> with instant expiry?

Following Kai's instructions, I've converted my nnmail-split-methods
to nnmail-split-fancy and added this:

;; Message splitting
(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
(setq nnmail-split-fancy
      '(| (:nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent)
          ;; Junk mail...
          (to "ldp-br-subscribe" junk)
          (to "ldp-br-unsubscribe" junk)
          (to "ldp-br-uc" junk)
          (to "ldp-br-sc" junk)
          (to "prog-br-subscribe" junk)
          (to "prog-br-unsubscribe" junk)
          (to "prog-br-uc" junk)
          (to "prog-br-sc" junk)
          ;; Mailing lists
          ("sender" "admin-linux-br" "admin-linux-br")
                                .
                                .
                                .

          ("sender" "tex-br-owner" "tex")
          ("sender" "owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech" "xsl")
          "Default"
          )
      )

It seems to be working... ;-)

Regards,
--

@ 2000-06-15 21:40     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-06-15 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:

> Is it possible to specify a forwarding rule there too?

I'm not aware of a rule that allows you to send a message to a
different mail address.  Hm.

But you could write a function which sends the current message, and
then include that function in nnmail-split-fancy, using the `:'
feature.  That ought to work.  You only need to work out the
interface.  Ie, what is the current buffer when splitting, how do you
get at the whole message, that kind of stuff.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Sending some messages to /dev/null
@ 2000-06-16 11:17   ` Christopher Splinter
From: Christopher Splinter @ 2000-06-16 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Raymond Scholz <rscholz@tzi.de> writes:

> Simply establish a symbolic link from /dev/null to
> ~/Mail/mail.null (or whatever) and add this group with `G m' in
> the Group buffer.

> Not perfect because this gives me the message

> ,----
> | File exists, but cannot be read.
> `----

> on fetching new mail.

Hm, try replacing /dev/null with /dev/zero.
--
Microsoft is sort of a mixture between the Borg and the
Ferengi. Combine the Borg marketing with Ferengi networking...

* Re: Sending some messages to /dev/null
@ 2000-06-16 19:40     ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2000-06-16 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Splinter <chris@splinter.inka.de> writes:

> Hm, try replacing /dev/null with /dev/zero.

Nope. Doesn't make a difference for me (both devices have the same
permissions on my machine).  I'll suggest the Linux kernel developers
to implement a /dev/nnfolder which behaves like an empty folder ;-)

Cheers,
  Ray