* decoding characters
@ 2000-05-11 19:26 Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-05-11 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got an email which contained a table of TeX codings for characters,
and also the characters.  Most of them looked like I expected, but
there were 3 that displayed wrong in my gnus:

œ      \oe (displayed as \234)
Π     \OE (displayed as \214)
Ÿ      \"Y (displayed as \237)

I'm using:
xemacs*font: -etl-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-160-72-72-c-80-iso8859-1

in my Xdefaults file.

I also have (x-symbol-initialize) in my .emacs.

In the X-Symbol Grid, all the symbols display fine.

When I just 'more' the mail file in and xterm, \oe and \OE are blank,
but \"y displays fine, using the same font as I have defined for
xemacs.

The relevant headers from the mail are:

I'm using a hot-off-the-press cvs gnus, updated this afternoon.

Incidentally, this list of characters would make a good test file, if
there's somewhere it could be put for that purpose.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574