Attached is a patch that uses the user-mail-address (as set from posting-styles) as an argument to senmdail -f. This ensures that the envelope matches the From: which is preferable in all cases for me. Mail list managers, funky mail programs (like outlook), and mail gateways (notes<-->smtp) seem to place more trust in the envelope than the From: header. Lars, I noticed that message-generate-new-buffer-clone-locals takes an optional second argument according to the documentation. However, the actual code doesn't work that way -- the actual argument is ignored. This isn't used much so it probably isn't a big deal, but maybe the arg list should be modified to reflect the real behavior.