* Plugged and unplugged active files out of synch?
@ 1999-07-13 13:36 Paul Stodghill
From: Paul Stodghill @ 1999-07-13 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recipe for annoyance:
1. Start Gnus plugged.
2. read some articles
3. In the group buffer, 'g', 'J s'. Here is what I see.

          [ Root -- 2482 ]
          *      0: nnml:mail.inbox
                 0: nnml:mail.pending
            [ News -- 2482 ]
              [ CUCS -- 0 ]
                     *: nndoc+mail-admin:admin
              [ More News -- 2482 ]
                [ Emacs -- 0 ]
          *            0: nnml:list.gnus
                [ Scheme and ML -- 3 ]
                       1: comp.lang.scheme
                       2: comp.lang.ml
                [ Prog Langs, Systems, Implem, etc. -- 80 ]
                      30: comp.arch
                      10: comp.compilers
                       5: comp.lang.functional
                      35: comp.lang.misc
                [ Scientific, Numerical, High Perform, etc. -- 52 ]...
                [ Linux -- 172 ]...
                [ Free software, GNU, FSF, etc. -- 2175 ]...

4. Unplug Gnus, 'J j'
5. Press 'g'. Here is what I see.

          [ Root -- 2316 ]
          *      0: nnml:mail.inbox
                 0: nnml:mail.pending
            [ News -- 2316 ]
              [ Amusement -- 1 ]
                     1: clari.editorial.cartoons.toles
              [ More News -- 2315 ]
                [ Emacs -- 0 ]
          *            0: nnml:list.gnus
                [ Prog Langs, Systems, Implem, etc. -- 63 ]
                      16: comp.arch
                      10: comp.compilers
                       4: comp.lang.functional
                      33: comp.lang.misc
                [ Scientific, Numerical, High Perform, etc. -- 52 ]...
                [ Linux -- 156 ]...
                [ Free software, GNU, FSF, etc. -- 2044 ]...

The plugged and unplugged states have very different notions of which
articles have been read. Stuff is badly out of synch. Am I doing something
wrong, or is this a bug?

This is with Pgnus v0.95 + Shenghuo ZHU's patch from message
<2nu2r9yvuh.fsf@tiger.jia.vnet>.

Thanks!

--
Paul Stodghill <stodghil@cs.cornell.edu>
Dept. of Computer Science, Upson Hall, Ithaca, NY  14853

* Re: Plugged and unplugged active files out of synch?
@ 1999-08-27 18:10 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-08-27 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Stodghill <stodghil@CS.Cornell.EDU> writes:

> The plugged and unplugged states have very different notions of which
> articles have been read. Stuff is badly out of synch. Am I doing something
> wrong, or is this a bug?

Sounds like a bug, but I'm unable to reproduce it.