* Category edit - Agent-parameters
@ 1998-08-06 16:24 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-08-06 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I hope this is already possible, and I've over looked it.

If you tinker and experiment with Agent categories, the editing
interface supplied at (group buffer) 'J c', can begin to seem tedious.

1)
Can there be a choice that shows each category in its entirety and can
be edited.  Something in a format like this:

Category: NAME

Predicate: true

Score:  SCOREFILE  displayed

Groups:  Groups belonging to this category listed

It would be nice to be able to edit all three items at once..

This could be done at ~/News/agent/lib/categories but the 'categories'
file can look pretty intimidating to edit if you have complicated
scoring or predicates.

2)
Along this line of thought, it would be very nice if in group buffer
there was a command something along the line of 'G p' but not an
editing interface.

Maybe 'A p' for agent parameters. That would display the Category,
Score file, and list of groups belonging to that category.

So you could put the cursor on a group, hit 'A p' and see that info
displayed.

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com

* Re: Category edit - Agent-parameters
@ 1998-08-06 22:50 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-08-06 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can there be a choice that shows each category in its entirety and can
> be edited.

If someone writes the code, I'll apply the patches.

* Re: Category edit - Agent-parameters
@ 1998-08-07  3:31   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-08-07  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > Can there be a choice that shows each category in its entirety and can
> > be edited.
>
> If someone writes the code, I'll apply the patches.

Oh well,  If I try to do it, when I'm done the big topic of the day
will be year 3000 compliance.

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com