* `gnus-agent-expire' - specifics?
@ 1998-03-18 21:42 Mike McEwan
From: Mike McEwan @ 1998-03-18 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Well I've been using `gnus-agent-expire' and it seems to work fine,
for articles that have been downloaded and have a corresponding entry
in the agent `history' file.

  My question is, what is supposed to happen to the NOV lines of
articles that have *not* been downloaded? I have written an agent
download predicate function, via which I can limit the number of
articles downloaded to those not older than a certain number of
days. Useful, I find, when subscribing to large newsgroups for the
first time.

 However, as the headers for *all* articles are downloaded regardless,
I'm finding that the NOV lines of never downloaded articles remains in
my .overview files. This presumably means that gnus takes longer than
it needs to parse such files?

  When, if ever, do such NOV lines get nuked?

--
Mike.