Harry Putnam writes: > Mar 06 11:06am > > Most readers will probably be appalled at the lack of technique here, but > here is one way to get agent to work on foreign server groups: [...] > original structure: > Foreign groups: > ~/News/agent/nntp/sunsite.auc.dk/nntp+sunsite/auc/dk:emacs/ding > > ~/News/agent/nntp/sunsite.auc.dk/nntp+sunsite/auc/dk:emacs/w3/beta > > 'Native' groups: > ~/News/agent/nntp/enews.newsguy.com/comp/emacs > > ~/News/agent/nntp/enews.newsguy.com/gnu/emacs/gnus > > What I did was build a structure like a native group structure and then > move the postings, .agentview, and .overview files into it. > The new structure looks like: > > ~/News/agent/nntp/sunsite.auc.dk/emacs/ding > > ~/News/agent/nntp/sunsite.auc.dk/emacs/w3/beta Thanks for the info Harry. I used a link. If I had your directory structure I would have made a link from within the ~/News/agent/nntp/sunsite.auc.dk/emacs/ directory to ../nntp+sunsite/auc/dk:emacs/ding. This seems to work but it isn't really the way it should work. It seems that Agent creates one directory structure but tries to read another. Another problem I've found is that J s tries to download all articles in all groups whether they're covered by agent or not. [...]