* problem calling (gnus-group-get-new-news) from elisp
@ 2008-05-15  9:40 joakim
From: joakim @ 2008-05-15  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have code that calls (gnus-group-get-new-news) from elisp,
when a process finishes:

(defun jvfetchmail-sentinel (process event)
  (setq jvfetchmail-in-progress nil) ;should rather be called lat but currently gnus might fail
  (let*
      ((msg (format "fetchmail %s"  event)))
    (save-excursion
      (set-buffer (get-buffer-create "*fetchmail*"))

      (gnus-group-get-new-news)
      (insert msg))
    (princ msg)))

it kind of works, but I get "buffer readonly" messages, that I dont get
when I run the command interactively.

Also, the number of messages in my first group never gets updated, but
the others does.

--
Joakim Verona

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-05-15  9:40 UTC | newest]