* gnus on winxp
@ 2004-04-12 15:57 Harry Putnam
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Harry Putnam @ 2004-04-12 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any one here using gnus on winxp?  If so, any pointers you can give
me?  I'm just about to try setting it up, but since I'm pretty
unfamiliar with winXX, not sure how to get started.

Just finished trying out several windows news readers: forte-agent,
mozilla thunderbird. Each one has some untenable glaring weakness
compared to gnus.  With Forte one needs to do too much clickety clack
to get simple things done, and with thunderbird (and agent), the
search functions inside a newsgroup are really weak.

I've got emacs (21.3) installed and working.  But all that took was a
download and run it.