* CVS stuff in order; apply patches at will
@ 2004-01-04 22:08 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-01-04 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

(And for some reason or other, "cvs commit -r7.1" made the cvs server
send out patches between /dev/null and the entire repository.
That's...  not very useful.)

* Re: CVS stuff in order; apply patches at will
@ 2004-01-05 19:47 ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2004-01-05 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@quimbies.gnus.org> writes:

> (And for some reason or other, "cvs commit -r7.1" made the cvs server
> send out patches between /dev/null and the entire repository.
> That's...  not very useful.)

The CVS logging hooks don't seem to work properly with explicit revisions
specified with -r.  I haven't managed to find a good way of fixing them,
but I also haven't investigated at length.  They seem to report file
information to the logging scripts that's indistinguishable from a new
file add.

* Re: CVS stuff in order; apply patches at will
@ 2004-01-06  5:01   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-01-06  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> The CVS logging hooks don't seem to work properly with explicit revisions
> specified with -r.  I haven't managed to find a good way of fixing them,
> but I also haven't investigated at length.  They seem to report file
> information to the logging scripts that's indistinguishable from a new
> file add.

Right.  I'll just have to remember to switch cvslog off before the
next time I do a -r thing.  :-)