From: "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@gnu.org>
Subject: NNkiboze...
Date: 13 Apr 2001 14:29:37 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi guys,

okay, one final question (if I have another one I'll subscribe to the
list, promise):

I'd like to be able to mark a couple of groups and then create a
nnkibozed group based upon a search for all mail to/from/about a
certain author or topic interactively.

How would it work? I'd mark the groups I'm interested in, press some
key combo to call the function, then be asked interactively to specify
parameters like field (and I'd like to be able to specify "To, From,
CC, and Bcc" as ONE field) and value until I'm finished narrowing my
search, then be asked for a group name with a default that can be set
by some variable so I can put the results into a standard group for
this. Then it should do it.

The functionality for this seems to be there with the whole virtual
groups and nnkiboze things. But the interface to them I have found so
far is unsatisfactory, I think.

I simply can't believe I'm the first one to have this idea. So I'm
asking you guys since you would probably know. :-)

Regards,
                Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                       <greve@gnu.org>