* nnslashdot and nnultimate
@ 2001-01-24  4:19 Rupa Schomaker
From: Rupa Schomaker @ 2001-01-24  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't seem to get either of them working.  :(

For the nnultimate, I followed the directions in the info file and
used the URL:

http://www.avsforum.com/ubbcgitivo/

Something downloads a file and parses it.  I then get my *Group*
buffer with no groups at all and all articles counts 0.  If I then hit
"g" to refresh, everything goes back to normal.  But no nnultimate
stuff.

The groups file in the ~/News/ultimate directory has:

(("http://www.avsforum.com/ubbcgitivo/"))

The same happens when I try to browse the nnslashdot secondary
method.

The groups file looks more complete with the current top "stories" in
the group file.

What am I doing wrong?  What additional details would you like?  I'm
running: Oort Gnus v0.01 -- checked out of CVS today.

--
-rupa

* Re: nnslashdot and nnultimate
@ 2001-02-07 12:08 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-07 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23 Jan 2001, Rupa Schomaker wrote:

> Something downloads a file and parses it.  I then get my *Group*
> buffer with no groups at all and all articles counts 0.  If I then
> hit "g" to refresh, everything goes back to normal.  But no
> nnultimate stuff.

How can a count be zero on a group if there is no group?

Does it help to do `^' from the *Group* buffer to go to the *Server*
buffer, then hit `RET' on the nnultimate server, then use `u' on the
groups you like?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.