* non-dloaded posts in agentized summaries
@ 1999-11-24 17:09 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-11-24 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wanting to work up some kind of homeboy way to expunge non-downloaded
messages from agentized summary buffers.  (something more than marking
read)

You can get the file number by going on-line but where would one get
that number, when off line, to be able to quickly edit .overview and
.agentview (which does contain the ghost article numbers).

Does gnus make an association with these empty articles and there
numbers in the NOV files, somewhere that is accessable when off-line?

One thought would be to use the limit capabilty and limit the buffer
to all marked with "@", then apply some new horrrible mark that
renders them invisible unless explicity requested by a command only
known to two people in the world.  Just forget really expunging
them.

Dormant is far too useful for other things to be used for
that.

* Re: non-dloaded posts in agentized summaries
@ 1999-12-01 20:50 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-12-01 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> One thought would be to use the limit capabilty and limit the buffer
> to all marked with "@", then apply some new horrrible mark that
> renders them invisible unless explicity requested by a command only
> known to two people in the world.

I see what you mean.  Hm.  Uhm.  I can't think of any obvious way to
do this.