* Not group parameters, but backend parameters?
@ 1999-06-29 15:10 Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-06-29 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to write a backend which is derived from an existing
backend (nnmbox), but all groups in it should behave as if (display
. all) was specified in the group parameters.  Further, I would like
to specify a different summary line format for groups from this
backend.

Is there a way to do this?

Currently, I explicitly set the group parameters from
-request-create-group, but that doesn't work if one just opens a
server, then subscribes the groups in it.

tia,
kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: Not group parameters, but backend parameters?
@ 1999-07-04  3:09 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-04  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Currently, I explicitly set the group parameters from
> -request-create-group, but that doesn't work if one just opens a
> server, then subscribes the groups in it.

Uhm...  Perhaps you could alter the group parameters from a group
entry hook?  The hook function could check which server the group
you're going to enter belongs to, and then alter the params if the
right server is used.  Or something along those lines.