* using vcard.el with pgnus 0.84
@ 1999-05-19  7:28 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1999-05-19  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've fetched vcard.el from Noah Friedman's emacs lisp web page:
        http://www.splode.com/users/friedman/software/emacs-lisp/

But I'm unsure of how to use it with pgnus.  The only relevant article
that I've saved from the ding list, is an article describing and
containing tm-vcard.el which is a hook for vcard.el into tm.

But this won't work will pgnus, or...?  Do I need it?  Can I somehow
hook it directly into the MIME handling of pgnus?

I will continue to investigate, but all hints and tips will be
appreciated as always.

- Steinar

* Re: using vcard.el with pgnus 0.84
@ 1999-05-19 12:57 ` François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 1999-05-19 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> I've fetched vcard.el from Noah Friedman's emacs lisp web page:
>         http://www.splode.com/users/friedman/software/emacs-lisp/
> But I'm unsure of how to use it with pgnus.

It's very simple.  Just put it somewhere on your load-path, so Gnus will
find it.  Whenever you have a `vcard' in a message, Gnus checks if the
package is available to decide if the part is displayable in-line, and if
yes, through autoload declarations, gets it to do the work.

> But this won't work will pgnus, or...?  Do I need it?

If you often receive `vcard' attachments, it might be useful indeed.

> Can I somehow hook it directly into the MIME handling of pgnus?

Lars already did it.

* Re: using vcard.el with pgnus 0.84
@ 1999-05-19 17:24 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-05-19 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover