* Some thoughts about showing groups in the *Group* buffer..
@ 1998-08-27  9:58 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1998-08-27  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well I have a mix of foreign, not-foreign newsgroups in my *group*
buffer, and I don't load the foreign newsgroups before I need them, by
clicking M-g on the topic entry.. So when I start up my Gnus the
*Group* buffer looks like:

[ Development -- 2265 ]
 107: comp.lang.python                                   3
  58: comp.text.frame                                    3
 [ Microsnot -- 0 ]
   *: microsoft.public.vc.debugger                       5 msnews.microsoft.com
	[...]
   *: microsoft.public.win95.dialupnetwork               5 msnews.microsoft.com
 [ Borland -- 0 ]
   *: borland.public.cpp                                 4 forums.inprise.com
	[...]
   *: borland.public.cpp.commandlinetools                4 forums.inprise.com

is it possible to 'hide' the 'unactivated' groups, as the native
groups with 0 unread in is done (hmm would be nice if the topic-name
could show that it has som hidden unactivated groups)??

Another wish would be to 'show' all groups in a topic, like 'L' in the
Group buffer, but only affecting the topic locally?

	/andy

* Re: Some thoughts about showing groups in the *Group* buffer..
@ 1998-08-27 10:51 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-08-27 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  > is it possible to 'hide' the 'unactivated' groups, as the native
  > groups with 0 unread in is done (hmm would be nice if the topic-name
  > could show that it has som hidden unactivated groups)??

Type `3 l' to only show the groups of level <= 3.  See the variable
gnus-activate-level to learn which number to enter.

kai
--
OOP: object oriented programming;  OOPS: object oriented mistakes

* Re: Some thoughts about showing groups in the *Group* buffer..
@ 1998-08-27 11:09   ` Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1998-08-27 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@amaunet.cs.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

|   > is it possible to 'hide' the 'unactivated' groups, as the native
|   > groups with 0 unread in is done (hmm would be nice if the topic-name
|   > could show that it has som hidden unactivated groups)??
|
| Type `3 l' to only show the groups of level <= 3.  See the variable
| gnus-activate-level to learn which number to enter.

Hmm almost there, I want to show the groups of level 4 that are
'active' (has 1+ in unread articles) but not those marked as *.

Another thought can Gnus hide a group I just exited from if the unread
article count is zero, sort of, when doing 'c y' in a group, gnus automagically does a 'l' in the *Group* buffer?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-08-27 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:

> Another thought can Gnus hide a group I just exited from if the
> unread article count is zero, sort of, when doing 'c y' in a group,
> gnus automagically does a 'l' in the *Group* buffer?

You'll have to write your own function to do that.