I started and ran Califa Foods for a few years - we branded and retailed a line of private labeled sauces, marinades and dressings. I sold the business a couple years ago (its still going strong!) but I would be happy to share my knowledge and contacts with you - call either number below (I'm on the West Coast) Cheers, Cooper ______________________________________ Cooper Marcus, CEO and Founder Spark Parking - Change how you park, no change required! http://www.sparkparking.com NEW Founders Blog: http://www.sparkparking.com/blogs/cooper/ cooper@sparkparking.com Office: 510-654-2029 Mobile: 510-967-8339 NEW Fax: 309-216-7551 On Apr 5, 2006, at 8:03 AM, tshews1234 wrote: > Hi, > > I'm researching a startup in the food industry in the prepared foods > sector. I was wondering if anyone knows someone in the industry > willing to talk to me about the industry/sector. Any information > would help and I would be interested in talking to caterers, personal > chefs, food retailers, co-packers, etc. I'm trying to understand the > process of developing prepared foods (purchasing, shelf life, etc.), > the costs involved,etc. > > Thanks, > Shirley > > > > > > Community email addresses: > Post message: Harvard-startups@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: Harvard-startups-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: Harvard-startups-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: Harvard-startups-owner@yahoogroups.com > > > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS > > Visit your group "Harvard-startups" on the web. > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > Harvard-startups-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > >