* Determining the face of already-highlighted text?
@ 2003-09-03  0:12 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2003-09-03  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is actually more of a question for an emacs group than for Gnus,
but I'm not currently on any emacs lists and I figure that someone here
might know the answer:

If I am looking at a message buffer with text highlighted in various
colors, is there a way I can ask emacs to tell me what the name of the
face is for a given piece of text?

I'm using Gnu Emacs 21.2.1.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: Determining the face of already-highlighted text?
@ 2003-09-03  0:23 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-09-03  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> If I am looking at a message buffer with text highlighted in various
> colors, is there a way I can ask emacs to tell me what the name of the
> face is for a given piece of text?

`M-x list-text-properties-at'.

(In cvs Emacs you can get the information with `C-u C-x =').

* Re: Determining the face of already-highlighted text?
@ 2003-09-03  0:30   ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2003-09-03  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:
>
>> If I am looking at a message buffer with text highlighted in various
>> colors, is there a way I can ask emacs to tell me what the name of the
>> face is for a given piece of text?
>
> `M-x list-text-properties-at'.
>
> (In cvs Emacs you can get the information with `C-u C-x =').

Perfect!  That's just what I'm looking for.

Thank you very much.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com