* `gnus-group-highlight' and unseen counts.
@ 2003-08-13  4:50 Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2003-08-13  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been revisiting my group buffer configuration to make it more
useful when getting an idea of what is and isn't actually new in them.

The '%U' format for an unseen count is great, but it isn't mirrored in
the `gnus-group-highlight' configuration for selecting group
highlighting.

I would very much like to be able to set the format based on the number
of unseen as well as unread articles, but can't at the moment.

Does anyone want to put in a quick patch for this?

     Daniel

--
Dante:  But you hate people.
Randal: Yes, but I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?

* Re: `gnus-group-highlight' and unseen counts.
@ 2003-08-14 22:47 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-08-14 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> The '%U' format for an unseen count is great, but it isn't mirrored in
> the `gnus-group-highlight' configuration for selecting group
> highlighting.
>
> I would very much like to be able to set the format based on the number
> of unseen as well as unread articles, but can't at the moment.
>
> Does anyone want to put in a quick patch for this?

Untested: Does this work (`unseen' should now be usable by the rules
in `gnus-group-highlight')?

diff -c /home/harder/gnus/lisp/gnus-group.el /home/harder/cvsgnus/lisp/gnus-group.el
*** /home/harder/gnus/lisp/gnus-group.el	Mon Aug  4 23:43:06 2003
--- /home/harder/cvsgnus/lisp/gnus-group.el	Fri Aug 15 00:17:20 2003
*** 1476,1481 ****
--- 1476,1482 ----
  	 (score (or (gnus-info-score info) 0))
  	 (ticked (gnus-range-length (cdr (assq 'tick marked))))
  	 (group-age (gnus-group-timestamp-delta group))
+ 	 (unseen (gnus-number-of-unseen-articles-in-group group))
  	 (inhibit-read-only t))
      ;; Eval the cars of the lists until we find a match.
      (while (and list