From: Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: NEWS entries
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:42:53 +0200	[thread overview]

> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
>> ** Messages can be printed with the Muttprint program (`O P').
>
> We have this:
>
> ** Printing capabilities are enhanced.
>
> Gnus supports Muttprint natively with O P from the Summary and Article

Ah, yes.

> This gives the appearance that Picons is a new feature, but isn't the
> new part only that it has been reimplemented?  Maybe that could be
> stressed more.

Maybe just switch the two paragraphs:

** Picons
The picons code has been reimplemented to work in GNU Emacs -- some of
the previous options have been removed or renamed.

Picons are small "personal icons" representing users, domain and
newsgroups, which can be displayed in the Article buffer.  To enable
picons, install the picons database from

      http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/ftp/index.html

and point `gnus-picon-databases' to that location.

?

> ** The Summary Buffer uses an arrow in the fringe to indicate the current article
> Use (setq gnus-summary-display-arrow nil) to disable it.
>
> ?

Yup.

>> ** The new option `gnus-gcc-mark-as-read' automatically marks
>> Gcc articles as read.
>
> We have:
>
> ** gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read has been renamed to gnus-gcc-mark-as-read.

Hmm, but gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read was also new in Oort before it
was renamed (I think).  So maybe it's not mentioning it at all because
it was never part of a released Gnus version?

> ** The envelope sender address can be customized when using Sendmail, see
> `message-sendmail-envelope-from'.
>
> ?

Yup.