On Sat, 01 Feb 2003, larsi@gnus.org wrote: >> In Gnus terms, what are the basic message transfer functions? >> >> - message copy >> >> - message move >> >> - new message spooling >> >> - old message respooling > > And expiry with expiry-target. > > Copy, move and respooling are all done in > `gnus-summary-move-article'. OK, I added the hooks for copy/move/respool/delete/expire. Attached is a patch and an empty gnus-registry.el with an example of how things are called. I haven't committed anything to CVS. The message deletion hook (gnus-summary-article-delete-hook) invocation in gnus-summary-move-article doesn't seem to do anything, when is that 'junk condition in gnus-sum.el used? I think I got expiry and deletion right otherwise, can you check? Especially expiry is tricky, I'm not sure I understand the whole function. Incoming messages seem to be spooled in several places, so I'm not sure how to deal with that. I only want to intercept nnmail and nnimap for now, should I just prepend the hook call to their respective split-methods? Thanks Ted