* Headers not being correctly decoded (ISO-8859-1)
@ 2000-07-12 14:19 Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-07-12 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I've received a message where the header contained some diacriticals
and it wasn't correctly decoded by Gnus. Here is a sample while
replying to this message:

,----
| To: =?iso8859-1?Q?Paulo_C=E9sar_Pereira_de_Andrade?= <pcpa@conectiva.com.br>
| Subject: Re: Pacotes desnecessários...
`----

The correct would be

,----
| To: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade <pcpa@conectiva.com.br>
| Subject: Re: Pacotes desnecessários...
`----

Please note that it just happens in the From: and To: headers.

Is there anything that I can do? I'm erasing the line and using my
bbdb entry to put in the correct address again.

Thanks,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.

* Re: Headers not being correctly decoded (ISO-8859-1)
@ 2000-07-12 14:58 ` Bjørn Mork
From: Bjørn Mork @ 2000-07-12 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:

> | To: =?iso8859-1?Q?Paulo_C=E9sar_Pereira_de_Andrade?= <pcpa@conectiva.com.br>
            ^^
Should be iso-8859-1.

Bjørn

* Re: Headers not being correctly decoded (ISO-8859-1)
@ 2000-07-12 15:15   ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-07-12 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Bjørn Mork" <bmork@dod.no> writes:

> Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:
>
> > | To: =?iso8859-1?Q?Paulo_C=E9sar_Pereira_de_Andrade?= <pcpa@conectiva.com.br>
>             ^^
> Should be iso-8859-1.

This is configured in the other person's mailer. I'll talk to him.

Thanks,