From: Johan Parin <Johan.Parin@abc.se>
Subject: Re: IMAP Questions
Date: 06 Jun 2000 22:02:33 +0200	[thread overview]

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

"Simon" == Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

  Simon> Johan Parin <Johan.Parin@uab.ericsson.se> writes:
  >> (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-mail 2 nil)
  >>
  >> However, this does not work. I did some debugging and I can see
  >> that nnml-request-scan is called. New mail is not fetched
  >> however. I'll probably do some more debugging when I come home
  >> tonight, but any suggestions are welcome.

  Simon> This sound as a generic problem, not related to imap.

You're right. Tried it at home, where I'm using pop, and it's the same
problem. I hope I'm not misunderstanding something - I mean
gnus-demon-scan-mail _is_ supposed to fetch new mail, right?

Anyway, I did some more debugging and what happens is that when
nnmail-get-new-mail is called from the demon, nnmail-fetched-sources
is nil. This means that the 'when fetching-sources' form where the
mail is actually fetched will not be run.

When I hit g in the group buffer, on the other hand
nnmail-fetched-sources is bound in the first let binding of
gnus-group-get-new-news, which means that mail is fetched.

Not quite sure how this is supposed to work, but at the moment it
doesn't.

- Johan
--
Johan Parin <Johan.Parin@abc.se>
"Lisp is a programmable programming language" - John Foderaro