* select articles by field
@ 1999-06-16  9:58 Fabrice POPINEAU
From: Fabrice POPINEAU @ 1999-06-16  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to mark all articles
in a group that have been sent To: somebody ?
So that I can move them somewhere else.

I'm again using Gnus (0.88) under XEmacs-NT and it is great.
It can even display xfaces and smilies !

--
Fabrice POPINEAU

* Re: select articles by field
@ 1999-06-16 10:36 ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 1999-06-16 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    FP> is it possible to mark all articles in a group that have been
    FP> sent To: somebody ?  So that I can move them somewhere else.

You should setup `gnus-extra-headers', etc first [1].  Then, in the
Summary buffer, do `/ x To RET somebody RET' to display only the
messages sent to "somebody".  Then, mark them as usual with `M P a'.

-TS

Footnotes:
[1]  You may want to look at `To From Newsgroups' section of the
     manual.

* Re: select articles by field
@ 1999-06-16 13:12 ` Michael Klingbeil
From: Michael Klingbeil @ 1999-06-16 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr> writes:

> I'm again using Gnus (0.88) under XEmacs-NT and it is great.
> It can even display xfaces and smilies !

X-Faces yes und Smileys no :-(

--

"Auch die Bretter, die man vor dem Kopf hat, koennen die Welt bedeuten"
 (Werner Finck)

* Re: select articles by field
@ 1999-06-16 15:50   ` Fabrice POPINEAU
From: Fabrice POPINEAU @ 1999-06-16 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

The first problem being probably those lines in smiley.el :

(defun smiley-buffer (&optional buffer st nd)
  (interactive)
  (when (featurep 'x)
    (save-excursion

which should be :

(defun smiley-buffer (&optional buffer st nd)
  (interactive)
  (when (featurep '(or x windows-nt))
    (save-excursion

--
Fabrice POPINEAU

* Re: select articles by field
@ 1999-06-16 16:07     ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 1999-06-16 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Michael Klingbeil, ding

Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr> writes:

> The first problem being probably those lines in smiley.el :
>
> (defun smiley-buffer (&optional buffer st nd)
>   (interactive)
>   (when (featurep 'x)
>     (save-excursion
>
> which should be :
>
> (defun smiley-buffer (&optional buffer st nd)
>   (interactive)
>   (when (featurep '(or x windows-nt))
>     (save-excursion

Right, but setting this doesn't change very much does it? I tried
something along these lines, but got stuck with problems in
make-annotation and friends, IIRC.

* Re: select articles by field
@ 1999-06-17  0:28   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-06-17  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tibor Simko <tibor.simko@cern.ch> writes:

>     FP> is it possible to mark all articles in a group that have been
>     FP> sent To: somebody ?  So that I can move them somewhere else.
>
> You should setup `gnus-extra-headers', etc first [1].  Then, in the
> Summary buffer, do `/ x To RET somebody RET' to display only the
> messages sent to "somebody".  Then, mark them as usual with `M P a'.
>
> -TS
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  You may want to look at `To From Newsgroups' section of the
>      manual.

If you don't want  to mess with the new `gnus-extra-headers' functionality,
it can be done using the `&' command:

Press &  then when prompted, type  Body  (<=note capital B)
When prompted for regexp, type ^To:.*persons-name<RET>  (or some more
restrictive RE)

When prompted for a command, type #... Gnus will take off at a
blistering pace (unless on-line... then read "snails pace") to search
each message body for that string, putting a 'process' (#) mark on its
finds.

Use those process marks to continue moving/copying  or press `/ n' to
limit view to the finds ...maybe to make sure your regexp did what you
expected.

* Smilies under NT [was Re: select articles by field]
@ 1999-06-17  9:43       ` Fabrice POPINEAU
From: Fabrice POPINEAU @ 1999-06-17  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Norbert Koch <n.koch@eai-delta.de> writes:

> Right, but setting this doesn't change very much does it? I tried
> something along these lines, but got stuck with problems in
> make-annotation and friends, IIRC.

Add this one and it works ok :

(defun smiley-create-glyph (smiley pixmap)
  (and
   smiley-running-xemacs
   (or
    (cdr-safe (assoc pixmap smiley-glyph-cache))
    (let* ((xpm-color-symbols
	    (and (featurep 'xpm)
		 (append `(("flesh" ,smiley-flesh-color)
			   ("features" ,smiley-features-color)
			   ("tongue" ,smiley-tongue-color))
			 xpm-color-symbols)))
	   (glyph (make-glyph
		   (list
		    (cons 'x (expand-file-name pixmap smiley-data-directory))
		    (cons 'mswindows (expand-file-name pixmap smiley-data-directory))
		    (cons 'tty smiley)))))
      (setq smiley-glyph-cache (cons (cons pixmap glyph) smiley-glyph-cache))
      (set-glyph-face glyph 'default)
      glyph))))

'make-glyph' was called only for x, not for mswindows -> empty glyphs.

--
Fabrice

* Re: Smilies under NT [was Re: select articles by field]
@ 1999-06-17 11:50         ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 1999-06-17 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr> writes:

> 'make-glyph' was called only for x, not for mswindows -> empty glyphs.

Great, it works :-) I've missed that one ...

Thanks, norbert.

* Re: Smilies under NT [was Re: select articles by field]
@ 1999-07-03  9:46         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-03  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr> writes:

> > Right, but setting this doesn't change very much does it? I tried
> > something along these lines, but got stuck with problems in
> > make-annotation and friends, IIRC.
>
> Add this one and it works ok :

Could you mail me a patch?  :-)

--
If you want an explanation on what you have just read, please
refer to <URL:http://www.gnus.org/zombie.html>.