From: Jorge Godoy <godoy@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: Problems reading some mail and news messages.
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:40:14 -0300	[thread overview]

Karl Chen <quarl@nospam.quarl.org> writes:

>     Jorge>
>     Jorge> Hi!  Is there anyone with problems to read email and
>     Jorge> news messages but just on some messages? I mean, they
>     Jorge> appear duplicated, once with the body and then, on the
>     Jorge> same message, the headers --- as if they were part of
>     Jorge> the body --- and the body again.
>
> You might be using the wrong mail back-end

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand your point.

I'm using the same backend for every newsgroup (nntp) and IMAP folder
(nnimap). Why do some messages show the problem and other, on the same
folder, do not?

Relevant parts of my ~/.gnus:

;; EMail
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "g2ctech"
		(nnimap-address "internet.g2ctech")
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX"))
		;(nnimap-expunge-on-close 'always)
		(nnimap-expunge-on-close 'ask)
		)))

; Show all messages, even read and old ones
(setq gnus-fetch-old-headers t)

; Send emails
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "internet.g2ctech")
(setq smtpmail-local-domain "g2ctech.com")
(setq smtpmail-sendto-domain "g2ctech.com")
(setq smtpmail-debug-info t)

Thanks,
--
Godoy.     <godoy@ieee.org>