* IMAP access fails from Gnus, works from mozilla
@ 2003-08-27  9:03 Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2003-08-27  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

My configuration (which is working from mozilla):

,----
| (setq imap-ssl-program "openssl s_client -ssl3 -connect %s:%p")
| (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
|              '(nnimap "webmail.ivu.de"
|                       (nnimap-address "webmail.ivu.de")
|                       (nnimap-server-port 993)
|                       (nnimap-authenticator login)
|                       (nnimap-stream ssl)
|                       (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX"))
|                       ))
`----

leads to

,----
| nnimap+webmail.ivu.de:IVU error: The requested item could not be found.
`----

OpenSSL is version 0.9.6b [engine] 9 Jul 2001.

Any idea?

Herzliche Grüße,
  Christoph
--
"Lieber ein kleiner Teil von etwas ganz Großem als ein großer Teil von
einem Haufen Scheiße." (Franziska van Almsick)

* Re: IMAP access fails from Gnus, works from mozilla
@ 2003-08-27  9:54 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-08-27  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Conrad <christoph.conrad@gmx.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> My configuration (which is working from mozilla):
>
> ,----
> | (setq imap-ssl-program "openssl s_client -ssl3 -connect %s:%p")
> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> |              '(nnimap "webmail.ivu.de"
> |                       (nnimap-address "webmail.ivu.de")
> |                       (nnimap-server-port 993)
> |                       (nnimap-authenticator login)
> |                       (nnimap-stream ssl)
> |                       (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX"))
> |                       ))
> `----
>
> leads to
>
> ,----
> | nnimap+webmail.ivu.de:IVU error: The requested item could not be found.
> `----
>
> OpenSSL is version 0.9.6b [engine] 9 Jul 2001.
>
> Any idea?

Is ssl.el installed?  Do you really have a mailbox called IVU?  I.e.,
it isn't called INBOX.IVU?

* Re: IMAP access fails from Gnus, works from mozilla
@ 2003-08-27 21:22   ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2003-08-27 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Simon,

    > I.e., it isn't called INBOX.IVU?

That was it!

When i name the group "Inbox" and configure

(nnimap "webmail.ivu.de"
        (nnimap-address "webmail.ivu.de")
        (nnimap-stream ssl)
        (nnimap-list-pattern
         ("Inbox*")))

it works! Thank you!

Herzliche Grüße,
  Christoph
--

@ 2003-08-27 21:46     ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2003-08-27 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I also would like to thank Ted Stern, who helped me in two emails send
to my home account!