* mail-source and incorrect passwords
@ 1999-08-30 15:18 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-08-30 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have two mail sources.  If I happen to type the correct password to the
first and the incorrect password to the second, Gnus pops up a message
saying something to the effect of "incorrect password, continue? (yes/no)."
When I say "yes," Gnus continues but does not read mail that was collected
from the first mail source (mail-source-crash-box?).

It also caches that incorrect password, so that I have to clear the
mail-source-password-cache (at least for that one source) before it will
ever read correctly.  In the past, I thought Gnus would simply not set the
password if it was incorrect.

--
Jack Vinson
Zippy: HELLO, little boys!   Gimme a MINT TULIP!!  Let's do the BOSSA NOVA!!

* Re: mail-source and incorrect passwords
@ 1999-09-25  6:52 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-09-25  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Vinson <vinson@unagi.cis.upenn.edu> writes:

> I have two mail sources.  If I happen to type the correct password to the
> first and the incorrect password to the second, Gnus pops up a message
> saying something to the effect of "incorrect password, continue? (yes/no)."
> When I say "yes," Gnus continues but does not read mail that was collected
> from the first mail source (mail-source-crash-box?).

Could you `(setq debug-on-quit t)` and `C-g' when it prompts you?
Mail me the backtrace.

> It also caches that incorrect password, so that I have to clear the
> mail-source-password-cache (at least for that one source) before it will
> ever read correctly.  In the past, I thought Gnus would simply not set the
> password if it was incorrect.

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.97.

* Re: mail-source and incorrect passwords
@ 1999-09-28 12:48   ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-09-28 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

LMI> Jack Vinson <vinson@unagi.cis.upenn.edu> writes:
>> I have two mail sources.  If I happen to type the correct password to the
>> first and the incorrect password to the second, Gnus pops up a message
>> saying something to the effect of "incorrect password, continue? (yes/no)."
>> When I say "yes," Gnus continues but does not read mail that was collected
>> from the first mail source (mail-source-crash-box?).

LMI> Could you `(setq debug-on-quit t)` and `C-g' when it prompts you?
LMI> Mail me the backtrace.

I just checked and Gnus seems to be doing the right thing now.  0.97 also
corrects the small problem that Gnus cached the incorrect password.  Good
work, Lars.

--
Jack Vinson
Bart: Five days is not too long to wait for a gun.