* PGG signature verification
@ 2003-04-06  6:23 Graeme Mathieson
From: Graeme Mathieson @ 2003-04-06  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think I've managed to setup PGG to automatically verify PGP signatures
(it's mostly PGP/MIME I'm interested in, having recently switched from
Mutt), with some of the following configuration:

,----
| (require 'pgg)
| (setq pgg-default-scheme 'gpg)
| (setq mml-signencrypt-style-alist '(("pgpmime" combined)
|                                     ("pgp" combined)
|                                     ("smime" combined)))
| (setq mm-verify-option 'known
|       mm-decrypt-option 'known
|       gnus-message-replysign t
|       gnus-message-replyencrypt t
|       mml-default-sign-method "pgpmime"
|       mml-default-encrypt-method "pgpmime")
`----

(The mml-default-(sign|encrypt)-method part took a while to find; that
defaults to signing with PGP/MIME instead of S/MIME.)

This all works nicely.  There's one thing I'm not clear on, though.  How
does Gnus indicate to me that a signature has successfully been verified
(with mm-verify-option)?  I can see that it's doing *something* to
verify signed messages since it can take longer to display them, but
there's no apparent indication that the verification was successful.

--
Right now, there are scr1pt k1dd13s plotting to DDoS my network, my co-lo
server is not responding  to pings and  the people that I IRC with may be

* Re: PGG signature verification
@ 2003-04-06 13:11 ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2003-04-06 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 06 Apr 2003, Graeme Mathieson wrote:
> I think I've managed to setup PGG to automatically verify PGP
> signatures (it's mostly PGP/MIME I'm interested in, having recently
> switched from Mutt), with some of the following configuration:

[...]

> This all works nicely. There's one thing I'm not clear on, though. How
> does Gnus indicate to me that a signature has successfully been
> verified (with mm-verify-option)?

You want to add:

(setq gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/signed" "multipart/encrypted"))

That tells Gnus to display a little text header block for those MIME
types. By default it does not do so.

Adjust the setting to meet your local requirements, of course, but that
is what I use locally.

   Daniel

--
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings
total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and

* Re: PGG signature verification
@ 2003-04-06 13:24 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-04-06 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graeme Mathieson <mathie@wossname.org.uk> writes:

> This all works nicely.  There's one thing I'm not clear on, though.  How
> does Gnus indicate to me that a signature has successfully been verified
> (with mm-verify-option)?

Use:

    (add-to-list 'gnus-buttonized-mime-types "multipart/signed")