Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > Ted Zlatanov writes: > >> Is there anyone who will implement these, or will Lars do it? I'd >> like to get this functionality in place soon, and I can contribute if >> needed. > > Please go ahead. :-) > > The spam.el file contains rudimentary whitelist/blacklist support, > and you can build on that. What features are missing that you wanted to add? Did you want to finish the work? It looks like spam.el is semi-complete already. I don't mind picking up - it's always fun to polish my Lisp. Just let me know what features/functions you wanted. What did you think about the "spam" mark? I've added it to gnus-sum.el; patch attached. I picked the "H" character for the company that brought us the original word, since "S" was taken. I can see it being applied by score or by a splitting-time function. I also added a gnus-summary-mark-as-spam function, which could be augmented to also report the spam to user-defined destinations. I don't think a user would always want spam going to the same folder, as a score would force them to do. That's why the spam mark makes sense. You can apply it to an article; it will be treated as a gnus-killed-mark in most ways. But you can limit the summary to spam only, whereas otherwise you're stuck with differently scored, but otherwise alike articles. Thanks Ted